Monday, September 14, 2009

Our 1st Family Vacation to the Beach

Back in August, we took our 1st family vacation and went to Gulf Shores. We had a great time!! We left the night of Ella's b-day and drove about halfway down before getting a hotel for the rest of the night. Ella didn't do so well driving at night, but did awesome driving during the day. She played, read books, and watched a lot of DVDs!! All 3 of us loved playing in the sand and water. Ella enjoyed looking for seashells, which were all over the beach. Ella really liked being in the water until the waves got too big and splashed her face. But, the last day the waters calmed, and she got to stand and walk in the water on her own, and she really liked that. We had perfect weather for us...not too sunny so Ella didn't sunburn, not too hot to where we couldn't play in the sand, and rain one afternoon so I could go shopping guilt free! We didn't do much anything else...beach, eat, sleep, and that's how we wanted it. The condo was right on the beach, and was so nice!! It was way too big for just the 3 of us, but we enjoyed it! I am already thinking about our trip back next year!!

1 comment:

Bruce, Andrea, & Ashtyn said...

Looks like you three had lots of fun! I'm jealous!!! And I love the new header pic! So beautiful!