Ella 1st time on her potty...she is so big!
This is an amazing time in our lives, and we are blessed to have family and friends to share it with.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Potty time
Before I get started, I just want to say I am not really potty training Ella already. We are just getting ready for it. And, if you don't want to read a story related to that then stop reading now. She is noticing when she poops and just starting to know when she pees. This just happened over night. One day I saw her squatting and grunting and asked her if she was pooping, she said 'poop', but didn't really seem like she knew. I was just wanting her to start to learn what was happening. The next day she came up to me and said 'poop', I checked her diaper, and there was no poop. But, she kept saying it. So, I checked again and she had just peed so I thought she was getting confused. But, she kept saying so I asked her if she wanted her diaper changed, and she took off for her room to the changing table. When I changed her she had pooped!!! I couldn't believe it...she knew she had to poop before she pooped. So, we bought a potty for her to start sitting on. And, she loves to sit on the potty, she hasn't used it yet. And, apparently her knowing she has to poop was a fluke because it hasn't happened again, but we are getting there. Now, to just get over my being grossed out by public bathrooms...

Ella 1st time on her potty...she is so big!
Ella 1st time on her potty...she is so big!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love this picture! How funny!
Cute! I have a picture of Tate on his potty chair too. We're potty training. Tate is finally gotten to the point where he doesn't scream every time I put him on it. Memories!!!!
Post a Comment