Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ice Storm '09

This has been a really crazy week with all the ice and no electricity, and I hope this doesn't happen again any time too soon!! And, I know we have been very lucky because our power wasn't out but for about 2 1/2 days and we had a warm place to stay. As much as I tried to be prepared for this, there were things I didn't think about in time (like were to put all my freezer food!!!). We bunked at my sister's house with my other sister since there was a working gas fireplace, until Todd got our's working at home. And, our power didn't go out for good until 11 pm Tuesday night, which was bedtime so we snuggled in our bed til morning. Ella LOVED playing with the flashlights, and wasn't scared of the dark at all. I had bought her a new toy to help entertain her (and help keep me sane!) till power came back. This was the first time we have used our fireplace, and we decided that we really like it. So, I bet we use it in the future, when we do have power!! I love family time, so this was a lot of fun for me. We played some games, went bowling, and just hung out. Here are some pictures:



On our way to my sister's, we came across this truck that couldn't get any traction. So, Todd tried helping it by pushing, but it wasn't enough...



So, a couple other guys came to help also. This poor man just couldn't get his truck to move straight. It almost slid into the car in front of us! So, ...

This guy used his nice vehicle to help push this man's truck until he got traction!! I couldn't believe it!! People can amaze you by how kind they are!!




We don't have trees in our yard (yay, no picking up branches!), but the ice got this plant by our mailbox. I hope it looks better when it melts.
We hope everyone gets their electricity back soon!!!

No comments: