
Here's my weekly list of what I'm most thankful for today. I love making these lists!!! Here goes:
1. Having groceries in the house!! I love having a stocked pantry and fridge when I decide to cook something. This doesn't usually happen for me because I don't like to grocery shop, but it did today.
2. Bottled water...I love bottled water even though it's not very eco-friendly. I guess I'm too lazy to mess with getting a glass, putting ice in it, and filling it with water. Plus, I don't really like the taste of tap water.
3. Summertime...I've talked about this some already in another post, but I love that my nephews aren't in school so they get to hang out with me more. I love being an aunt and love my nephews!!
4. Baby toys...Ella has so many toys to play with, and that is great for me because they help entertain her and keep her occupied while I get things done. She just got a walker that she gets to walk behind, and she really likes it. It's so fun to watch her get around.
5. The 20Q game...Have you seen this toy? It's amazing!! It's a handheld toy that asks you 20 questions about any thing you can think of, and it has ALWAYS gotten it right!!! I don't know how it works, but it has entertained me today.
6. The rain...I'm so glad it rained the other day because we haven't had to water our yard since. We will today though. Our grass is so green now!!
7. No doctor appointments last month!! Ella finally had her first month of not seeing a doctor! I was so excited.
8. My dad retiring...I'm so thankful that my dad no longer has to go to his hot, hard job anymore. Today was his last day of work. He has already made plans to take his grandson to play golf and is talking about taking him to do other things. His job was hard on him, and he hasn't felt very good for sometime so I'm hoping this will help his health.
9. Hot showers!! I love to take long, hot showers!! These days they are usually shorter than I like, but they are still hot. A nice, hot shower not only cleans your body (obviously) it can also clear your head, which is just as refreshing!! It's so nice when Todd is home to watch Ella so I can take one without having to sing songs to keep Ella content until it's over!!
10. I'm thankful that I can calm Ella down with singing songs to her (usually). Whether she's in her car seat or at home when she gets fussy I can sing to her and she usually quietens down. The song that works best is the ABC song, and has since she was little. She even tries to sing with me now on that song, or at least it seems like it. And, I'm not a singer so the fact that my singing doesn't scare her is something else to be thankful for too!!!
1 comment:
Do you sound like Granny when you sing? Sometimes at church I start laughing in the middle of a hymn because I hear Granny's voice coming out in song..... As much as we love her, we never once said she was a great singer! Glad to hear that we share the same talent in song!
Love you mucho,
Amy
Post a Comment