Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ella's eye update

Ella had a check-up at Arkansas Children's Hospital yesterday. It has been a few months since we've seen the doctor there and since we've been patching for 6 hours a day. So, I was anxious to know how everything was going. The news we got was that nothing much has changed, which, I guess isn't necessarily good or bad news. We have to continue patching for 6 hours everyday, and we go back in 3-4 months for another check-up. At that appointment if Ella's eye isn't straightening up more we will have to start talking about her having surgery to manipulate the muscle to get her eye straight. I do not want another surgery for her. And, this sugery could lead to other problems. So, please keep Ella and her lil' eye in your prayers so that the patching will work and be all she needs for her eye. Oh, and, of course, Ella did great during the appointment. She just smiled all sweet as the doctor shined several lights in her eyes!! She's so wonderful!! I love her.

3 comments:

Amy R said...

She is such a sweetie!! Glad her appointment went ok. See you at VBS tonight.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet-heart you have! Happy birthday!!!!

Love you much,
Amy

Ashley Dobson said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. I had a good day and had a date night with Todd. 30 is not so bad!! Love you too, Amy