I think about this encounter every so often because it still amazes me how simple it was, but yet it was the beginning of the rest of my life. I first saw Todd one night while I was working at the mall, the old Indian Mall, at Kinney Shoes. (The best job ever...so easy and met great people!!!) I was standing at the front of the store to greet customers, and a co-worker was behind the counter. This guy came in and acknowledge me but kept walking straight to the counter. I remember thinking he was cute, and remember distinctly turning around to look at him as he passed by. I figured he knew my co-worker so I planned on asking her about him when he left. But, Todd was there to talk to the manager about getting a job at the store!! The co-worker and I decided that he definitely needed the job. Todd has said that he remembers me from walking in the store also, but doesn't remember his first impression of me. I don't remember our first time talking or the first time we worked together. But, we did get along from the very beginning, and we eventually started hanging out together all the time, going to fraternity parties, etc. I don't remember the details but we went out some, but it never came to be much. I thought that he needed to date around because he was new in town and had just broken up with his high school girlfriend, and I wasn't the kind to date more than one person at a time. Todd said he doesn't remember this. So, we both dated other people over the next year, but became great friends. We talked about everything and still hung out all the time despite dating other people. I had been dating a guy, and remember when I told Todd we broke up Todd telling me that he never liked that guy. I never knew that, and later Todd said it was just because he was dating me. A month or so later Todd moved out of state, and during a visit home he kissed me. This took me by surprise because I had no idea Todd felt that way. He went back, and sent me flowers and a letter apologizing for telling me he liked me while he was living away. We had our first official date shortly after that. (Amy, I still wish I would've let you take a picture of us before we left.) But, I still wasn't ready to commit while he was living so far away. I told him that we couldn't be boyfriend/girlfriend while he lived away because I thought a long-distance relationship would be too hard. Todd would come to Jonesboro almost every weekend, and we would hang out. We would also call each other all the time, no matter what time of day or night. So, a few months later Todd moved back to Jonesboro, and less than a week later we were a couple!!! This was May, 1999. We have barely been apart since this time. We dated for a year and a half, and then I moved in with him. Then in 2005 we got married at St. Thomas island, bought a house in 2006, and had our first baby in 2007. Todd has been with me through my best and worst. He is my best friend. Todd can always make me feel better, and he knows me better than I know myself sometimes. I had a hard decision when trying to decide whether or not to start dating Todd after we became friends because he was such a close friend I was afraid we would mess that up. After much thought I realized that Todd had every quality I wanted in a husband, and only dated him because I could actually see us married one day. I knew he was the one for me!!
This was our first Halloween together. We dressed up for the first few Halloweens. That was so much fun!!!

Our wedding!! I loved our wedding at St. Thomas!!

Our wedding reception we had to celebrate our marriage with our family and friends.
Sorry about the picture quality...they are pictures of pictures.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness I remember all of this. We all worked togehter at Kinneys, the cheesiest of jobs. I remember hanging out with Todd at "social gatherings." I remember you debating on whether to date him or not because you were such good friends. I remember the other guy and the close encounters with both of them running into each other at our apartment. Oh my goodness, I love these memories! I am so glad that you and Todd finally got together. I will never forget the magical month of September - when everthing was going to happen - who knows what year "someone" was referring to but everything was taking place in September, ha. I love it that we are friends and that we have been from the first time we met. I love you Ashley REid Dobson!!! You will always be my favorite roommate and my funnest roommate.
Same here Amy. I had forgotten that I had made September the magic month everytime...and nothing ever happened in September!!! Love you too!!!
I always enjoy a good love story! It sound quite magical & I'm happy that you have each other.
Big kisses,
Amy
That is a very sweet story!!
Post a Comment