I've noticed that several people do a list of 13 "confessions" about their family on Thursdays, and since I've just started this blog I decided I should give up some info about our family that everyone may not know. So, here goes:
1. We make our bed everyday. Whomever gets out of bed last makes it. Todd nor I like a messy bed.
2. I am a picky eater. There's not many restaurants where I order straight from the menu without requesting a change. And, I don't normally try new things at restaurants. Stick with what works! And, I have bad luck eating out. If there is an order that is going to be wrong it will be mine (probably because I special ordered it!). And, if there is something gross like bugs or something not cooked thoroughly in a plate it is usually mine. You would think I would just want to eat at home!!!
3. Todd and I would rather eat out than eat at home. We consider this "our time" since he works just about everyday. We like to have someone else wait on us so we get the full dinner time together. Plus, I don't have to clean the kitchen as much!!
4. I'm just now getting Ella on a daily schedule (she's 8 months old). I've tried before but they never seemed to last, but I like this one so hopefully it will stick.
5. Right now I am addicted to crunchy peanut butter. I will choose to eat something for breakfast or lunch just so I can have crunchy peanut butter. And, Todd is addicted to Kool-Aid. He's not picky; he'll drink any flavor.
6. We never use our home phone, never check caller ID, or check messages on it. We only use our cell phones. So, we are getting rid of it, and I'm using that money to pay for bootcamp.
7. I still have Ella sleeping in her cradle in our room because I don't want her far away from me on the other end of the house. This is starting to be an issue because she is wanting to roll over in her sleep, and there isn't enough room in her cradle so she wakes up. She usually ends up in the bed with us in the wee hours of the morning because she keeps waking up. Besides, I love her sleeping in the bed with us.
8. Our dog, Sampson, sometimes gets neglected because we are too focused on Ella. I am the one who does this most often. If Todd weren't here, Sampson may have starved a long time ago.
9. We have taken Ella to the doctor at least once a month since she has been born for either wellness check-ups, being sick, or eye check-ups. And, I don't consider us to be the parents that overreact to every sniffle and sneeze. I am looking forward to the first month of no doctor appointments. But, it won't be until at least June because we already have appointments made for May.
10. Todd knows a lot of trivial facts. He's very good about remembering movies, songs, TV shows, etc. I can't remember anything like that. But, I am very good at remembering phone numbers, conversations, and what I like to call, useful information.
11. I have realized staying at home with Ella that I like to have some alone time for just me. I never knew this about myself because I always had it and took it for granted I guess. But, I love being with Ella and don't like leaving her (the longest I've left her is 4 hours, and that was this week!). So, bootcamp not only is going to make me skinny (hopefully), it gives me about an hour for me.
12. I do not like to drive in reverse. I can't back out of long driveways very well or back into parking spaces. But, I am proud of myself because this week I have practiced by backing into 3 parking spaces, and each time I was straight and had a car parked next to the space.
13. I consider myself a good friend. However, I'm not very good at calling my friends. When I think of calling them I usually talk myself out of it because I'm afraid it will be a bad time for them.
ADDITION: Ok, I just have to add this because it's too funny!! Not 30 minutes after finishing this post I was getting our salads ready for supper. I had bought the bagged lettuce the other day, and as I opened it and poured it to the bowl I found a dead ladybug stuck to a piece of lettuce!!! I couldn't believe it, that's so gross!! Needless to say, we didn't have salads for supper.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness I could comment on each confession. I think the reason your food is always messed up is because you don't like cheese! Who doesn't like cheese! (ha).
I don't like to drive in reverse either. Now we have back up beepers on the jeep and those don't go off I don't stop! I've had several wrecks and in All of them I either rear end someone or back into someone - oh and they are all sitting still! (I probably shouldn't confess things like that).
Good confessions. I liked the one about making beds. Granny always made the beds while they were still warm from the sleeper's night rest. I do the same & it makes me feel like the house is that much cleaner. Also, Gabriella slept with us until she was 10 mos - we ALL slept better when we finally moved her to the crib. Good to know about your bad luck eating out - Alfredo has the same food karma. Yuck.
xoxox Amy
P.S. Kisses to everyone!
Post a Comment