
I've missed a few days with the blog, but today is a good day to get back in the swing of things...with 10 more things I am thankful for. I love thinking about my day or week and making a list of what I am most thankful for at that time. I become more aware of the little blessings in my life by doing this weekly post. Here goes...
1. I am thankful for this blog for reasons stated above. I love making a electronic journal of sorts of our family's daily activities. I hope Ella (and future children!!) will enjoy this years to come.
2. I love it when people leave comments on my entries; although this doesn't happen enough. I know I have family and friends that read this, but they don't leave comments!! Maybe they will start...it is very easy to do.
3. Ella is quite happy to play in the floor with her toys for extended periods of time, which makes it easier for me to get things done around the house. Now, I have no excuses!!!
4. I love it when people comment on how happy Ella is all the time. Family, friends, doctors, and strangers all have commented on how she smiles all the time. I hope Ella continues to grow to up being happy and having plenty to smile about, and it continues to show.
5. I am thankful for tankini's or skirtini's with summer being right around the corner. I do not enjoy wearing a bathing suit, and if I didn't have a baby to show all that I can I probably would not even go swimming this year. But, at least they have some that are cute and cover my troublespots!
6. I don't have much to babyproof in my house!! Ella is now on the move, mostly army crawling, but she is figuring crawling out more everyday (which is making #3 harder to maintain). So, the time has come for me to babyproof my house.
7. I love to have my toenails painted in the summer time with flip-flops to show 'em off. I also love having Ella's toenails painted. Her's is the cutest thing ever!!
8. I am glad that it is baseball season for my oldest nephew. He has played baseball for nearly 10 years, and I have always loved watching him. I haven't been able to see him as much this year since I have a baby, but I go to the games when I can. He had a great game last night, and his team won!!
9. I am becoming a little obessed with hairbows for Ella!! I love them. I had to make myself stop looking online because I can't pass up new, cute ones!! My next goal is to figure out how to make some.
10. I am very thankful that Ella's eye appointment at Arkansas Children's Hospital went as good as it did today. Her eye looks good and is focusing on objects, but it doesn't stay focused for very long. So, we are upping her patching time. This will be a huge adjustment for us, but we'll get it done. I am also so happy that Todd got to come with us to Ella's apptointment today. He hasn't missed many, and I love that he wants to go with me.
2 comments:
I agree, painted baby toenails are one of the sweetest things in life! I'm glad her dr. appt went good, she's so stinkin' cute!
Glad to hear things are going well! Gratitude is one of the best gifts that we can share with others - if we live in the mode of "thanks," then good things are sure to follow. Or, at least we are able to see the good things come. I had a GNO on Monday & we were all talking about things we are grateful for & whether or not we listed them down. I was surprised that so many of my friends did NOT do this daily!!! And, they were shocked that I did! Anyway, Ashley, the point I'm trying to make is that it's obvious that you are a happy person & that your family is happy by the way you give thanks to them on a regular basis.
love you,
Amy
Post a Comment