Monday, May 11, 2009

What a great day!!


I have come to appreciate Mother's Day so much more the past 2 years. This was my 2nd Mother's Day with Ella, and we had a great day. We didn't do anything special, and I didn't get any special gift except getting to hang out with my family all day. That's what it's all about to me--having a day set aside to reflect and reminisce about your children, your mom, and all the importment moms in your life. I have a great mom myself, and she is there for me when I need her. I can appreciate her more now that I am a mom, and love her very much.

I don't need an expensive present or day away from my child to feel appreciated and loved. When we woke up, Todd tried to get Ella to tell me Happy Mother's Day, but of course she wouldn't say what we wanted her to at that time. But, she said she wanted a hug and a kiss, and that is the best present on Mother's Day!!! I am so blessed that God chose me to be Ella's mommy! I love you Ella Mae!!


4 comments:

Bruce, Andrea, & Ashtyn said...

Awww - you said it best!

And you too looked too cute in your matching navies!

Amy Barrett said...

I love these pictures!!! ...and I too noticed that you two matched! You both look great in navy!

Ashley Dobson said...

The matching was an accident, but it was cute.

Amy R said...

Aww that is soo sweet!!