Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ella's Big Girl Bed

Ella now has a 'big girl bed' in her room instead of a crib. I had decided to take down the crib a few weeks ago because Ella never sleeps in it and had gotten to where she wouldn't nap in it anymore. So we decided to go ahead and put a twin bed in there and put the trundle in her room so we could turn the spare room into a play/toy room. So, I searched and looked for just the right bed, ordered it, and we got it put up. It looks really good in her room. I still don't have a comforter or quilt for it, but I'll find one. Ella enjoyed "helping" Todd put her bed together, and really liked playing on it. She is now taking her naps in her big girl bed, and so far it is working pretty good.

And, so now the plan is to have her sleeping in her big girl bed before the new baby comes. This just all worked out because we had decided this before we new we were pregnant. Hopefully, she will take to the bed and want to sleep in there all the time, because out queen size bed will not fit the 3 of us plus a new baby!!






2 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

Very cute! That is how we got each of our girls out of our bed - we just had another one and had to! hahaha. Ella may be in there forever! haha.

Amy Barrett said...

my ella...

I know you knew that!